<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>More than 4,000 stone-pelters are likely to breathe free after the Jammu and Kashmir government decided to withdraw cases against “first-time offenders” in the valley.Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Thursday ordered the review of cases against such offenders since 2015 till date by a committee, already constituted, and asked it to furnish its recommendations within 10 days.”The committee so tasked with the review shall be the same as was constituted earlier by the CM to review cases against youth for 2008-2014 period,” said the Government Order issued on Thursday.A government spokesman said the review of cases against these youths was a major demand from various sections of the society in the state.”It may be recalled here that soon after assuming the office, the CM had set on a process to review cases (2008 to 2014) against youth, which, unfortunately, got disrupted due to the continued violence and unrest,” he said.The CM described the decision as a ray of hope for these youth and their families terming it as an opportunity for them to rebuild their lives.”The decision would help in creating a positive and conciliatory atmosphere in the state where the youth would be able to build their lives in a much more constructive and positive way,” Mehbooba said.The CM said this confidence building measure reaffirms the Centre’s commitment towards changing the narrative in J&K and creating a reconciliatory atmosphere for sustained dialogue. “It is encouraging that the interlocutor has started on a positive note. His recommendations are being taken seriously by both the Central & State government,” she tweeted.More than 90 people have been killed and over 13000 people injured in the unrest which began after the killing of Hizbul Mujahideen poster boy Burhan Wani on July 8, 2016. Over 1,100 people, mostly teenagers, have suffered injuries in their eyes when security forces fired pellet munitions to quell the mobs across Kashmir.Officially, the state government said only 76 people including two cops have died in the summer unrest. More than 4,113 policemen got injured in the four months of unrest last year.Around 2,371 law and order incidents were reported since the killing of Burhan Wani on July 8, 2016 till November 2016.