The 16-year-old boy who was arrested for killing his mother and sister at their Greater Noida residence has been kept under observation and in isolation at the juvenile home. A team of doctors, including psychologists, are keeping an eye on him to check for behavioural changes and to make sure that he does not develop suicidal tendencies.Talking to DNA, officials taking care of the teen said that during his first day in the juvenile home, he did not utter a single word. He has been kept separately so that he doesn’t get violent and attack other inmates.”A team of doctors and councillors is keeping an eye on him and trying their best to keep him out of depression,”the official said. According to the officials, the boy was remorseful and cried for some time after being brought to the observation home in Phase II of Noida.”He was accompanied by his father and relatives. They came around 6 pm on Saturday. He hugged his father and kept crying. Once we start seeing changes in him, we will move him with the other inmates,” said Nem Chand, Superintendent of the observation home.Meanwhile, the boy has gradually started talking to other inmates. “We have told other inmates to not discuss or ask him about the incident. He is getting better by the day. He is, however, ashamed of the act he committed. He is reading books by famous legends such as Mahatma Gandhi and Swami Vivekanand,” Chand said.On the first day, the boy was so tired that he went to sleep at 10 pm and woke up at 6 am. He seemed to be tired and depressed after traveling 2,511 km. “He eats egg and bread with milk in the morning, sabji, roti, dal-chawal, for lunch and sabji, roti, raita for dinner,” Chand added.After an examination by a psychologist, the next step would be his age determination. The juvenile house has 130 other inmates from five district — Gautam Budh Nagar, Ghaziabad, Shamli, Meerut, and Muzzafarnagar.On Tuesday night, the boy’s 42-year-old mother and 11-year-old sister were found murdered in their Greater Noida flat. His father was out of station for work when the incident took place.According to the CCTV footage accessed by a team of officials probing the case, deceased Anjali and the two children were last seen entering the society around 8 pm on the fateful night and the boy was seen leaving the building around 11.30 pm.

Join the discussion<!–end of artlbotbor–>

Original article:

Greater Noida teen killer kept in isolation at juvenile home