Experts from various industries asserted the necessity to take steps towards bridging the gap between the urban and the rural through digital mediums during the Zee Rising New India Conclave. Anil Jain, chief general manager, BSNL, informed that about 4,84,000 villages are connected through mobile services across India.“There is a need to connect the rural and urban areas through voice and data. Introducing data facilities will open the residents of rural areas to the world. They will be able to move forward towards innovation with technology. Proper connectivity will allow the overall development,” Jain said.Adding to the discussion, BB Dave, chief postmaster general, Indian Postal Services said that Digital India is incomplete without financial inclusion.“Several financial institutions are not as easily available in rural areas as in urban. The reach of the Indian Postal Services is unparalleled. Financial institutions need to be strengthened. Government has already started bank reforms as a step towards the same,” Dave said.However, education and healthcare as the most neglected areas for development and need utmost attention, said Rahul Kashyap, country manager, communications, Smile Foundation.Edu in shambles“The current status of education in our country is in shambles. Gap in education system should be bridged. Why should children in 70% of India not be given an opportunity to compete with the rest 30%,” Kashyap said.

Join the discussion<!–end of artlbotbor–>

Read this article:  

Mend the urban & rural divide: Anil Jain