<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Just 11 days after his birth, a baby boy is struggling for life after he fell from his father’s arms into a hot water bucket.The baby has sustained 90 per cent burn injuries and is currently undergoing treatment.The incident took place in Pune’s Kondhwa area at the family’s house on Wednesday morning. Mohammad Shaikh, the father of the boy, is a cleric. He has three daughters also.According to Kondhwa police, the incident took place on Wednesday morning. A police official from Kondhwa police told DNA that the accident happened when the father of the newborn failed to notice the wire of the immersion rod. Mohammad Shaikh tripped on the tangled wire and lost balance. The child, who was in his arms, flung into air and fell in the bucket of hot water, a police official from Kondhwa police told DNA.The baby was rushed to a private hospital, after which he was shifted to Sassoon General Hospital where he is undergoing a treatment. “The baby has suffered 90 per cent burn injuries and his condition is critical,” the police officer said.So far police have not registered any case in this regard.Only few months back, another newborn had lost his life in the city’s hospital due to burn injuries after the warmer in which the baby was kept overheated. Police had booked the doctor and staff of the hospital on the charges of causing death by negligence.

More: 

Pune | 11-day-old baby suffers 90 per cent burns after falling from father’s arm in hot water bucket