<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>In a shocking incident that again shows the highhandedness of political parties, Zee News journalists and its production team were attacked by Congress workers at Gujarat’s Jamnagar on Tuesday evening.The incident took place when the crew was shooting the show ‘Game of Gujarat’ and the incident happened when questions were raised about Patidar leader Hardik Patel’s sex tape. Angry Congress workers, including women, attacked the journalists, creating a ruckus and destroyed property.The party workers attacked anchor Aman Chopra, reporter Vishal Pandey and other members of the Zee crew. They further asked the channel to stop filming. Meanwhile, Congress leadership appears to not have taken cognisance of the incident and have refused to react or even condemn the violence meted out by their party workers to journalists and others simply doing their job. Party Rajya Sabha MP Renuka Chowdhury said she wasn’t aware of the incident. Commenting on Hardik’s tape, she said the PAAS leader is a bachelor and can very well spend time with women. Congress national spokesperson Meem Afzal also claimed he was not aware of the incident.Meanwhile, Uttar Pradesh Congress president Raj Babbar, communication cell head Randeep Singh Surjewala and MLA Akhilesh Pratap Singh refused to comment on the incident.
<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>To strengthening the party organisation in Uttar Pradesh, the Congress High Command is considering to restructure Uttar Pradesh Congress Committee (UPCC) by dividing it into three zones. During his 35-minute stay in Lucknow, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi is said to have dropped broad hints in this regard. As per the revamp plan, Uttar Pradesh will be divided in three zones. Central UP Congress will comprise of parts of central UP and Bundelkhand. All of western UP will come under Harit Pradesh Congress, and eastern parts of the state will come under the Eastern UP Congress. Each zone will have a state president and in-charge with a general secretary-level leader to head all the zones.Earlier, Rahul had divided the state’s UP in eight parts for the 2014 Lok Sabha polls during Nirmal Kahtri’s tenure. But the experiment did not yield results. The party could only retain its citadel — Amethi and Raebareli, represented by Rahul and AICC President Sonia Gandhi. Later, the system was disbanded.Since then the party High Command has mulling over restructuring the party again to manage party affairs in the state. The 2017 debacle in assembly polls was another reason to think seriously about revamping the structure in the run up to 2019 Lok Sabha polls. Sources claimed an announcement will be made after finalising president for the zones. Names doing rounds in the party circles included PL Punia, RPN Singh, Jitin Prasad, Rajeshpati Mishra, Akhilesh Pratap Singh and Imran Masood.
<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Meat sellers across Uttar Pradesh would go on an indefinite strike from tomorrow against the crackdown on illegal and mechanised slaughterhouses. Fish vendors were also claimed to have resolved to join the stir which has seen non-vegetarian delicacies go off the menu in several parts of the state. “We have decided to intensify our strike from tomorrow. All shops will remain closed. Fish sellers too have joined us and are extending support to us,” Lucknow Bakra Gosht Vypar Mandal office bearer Mubeen Qureshi said. He said, in the wake of the crackdown, there was no question of the strike being called off anytime soon. “It will go on indefinitely,” he said. Due to the strike, non-vegetarian food outlets, including the famous Tunday and Rahim’s have shifted to mutton and chicken dishes after buffalo meat became scarce. “The meat sellers are piqued over the crackdown on slaughter houses which has adversely hit the livelihood of lakhs of people,” Qureshi said. After coming to power, the Aditya Nath Yogi government has ordered closure of illegal slaughterhouses and strict enforcement of the ban on cow smuggling to fulfil a key electoral promise. As the mouth-watering kebabs went off the platter, the owner of another famous eatery said the situation might force the hoteliers to get mutton from Delhi. “But there will be no compromise on the quality of the food,” he said, speaking on condition of anonymity. At the same time, he supported the closure of illegal and mechanised slaughter houses in the state, saying it was difficult for a common man to pass through a locality where the slaughter houses were operating almost openly. He also alleged that the illegal abattoirs even indulged in slaughtering dogs. Replying to a question, he said, “This is not a religious issue. In fact, it is directly linked to the health of people, who have the right to good quality of meat and fish.” Meanwhile, BJP national spokesman Sambit Patra said in Delhi that the government was only following a court order as illegal abattoirs were contributing to UP’s ill health by getting ground water polluted. He claimed those running meat outlets legally and in accordance with norms were not being victimised. “There has been a court order about illegal abattoirs which was not implemented by the previous government. The state’s Chief Secretary has constituted committees in each district headed by the Collector and comprising ten people each. The committee is visiting every slaughterhouse to see if they are being run legally and submitting a report every day,” he said. About loss of livelihood and lack of meat in the market, Patra said,” If there is large-scale disruption, the state government will look at it and resolve the issue. Senior UP Congress leader Akhilesh Pratap Singh said only small meat vendors were being targeted during the drive. “How is it that the small shops are getting closed and meat exports are going up. The government should have made people aware of the laws and rules before launching the drive,” he said. Chief Minister Aditya Nath Yogi had yesterday said abattoirs operating legally will not be touched but action will be taken against those run illegally. “The government will not touch those (abattoirs) which are operating as per the provisions of law and have a valid licence. But those that are violating the orders of the NGT and playing with the health of the public would not be spared…,” he had said.(This article has not been edited by DNA’s editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)