Gautam Budh Nagar District Magistrate BN Singh has issued notices to all CBSE-affiliated schools in the district asking them to submit a memorandum on the measures adopted by them to ensure the safety of their students on Tuesday.The schools have to respond within the next 15 days . The notice has come after the schools failed to comply with two deadlines issued earlier by district administration in September and October this year. Sources revealed that the district administration shall forward such information to CBSE Board if the schools fail to comply with the directives.Parents across Delhi-NCR have been demanding better security measures on school premises and in buses following the murder of an eight-year-old student at Ryan International School, Bhondsi, Gurgaon in September this year. In response to this, the Gautam Budh Nagar district magistrate had issued two deadlines, one of September 30 and another of October 10, to all schools in the district to fix security loopholes and submit a memorandum.”We have been working hard for the security of the students as well as in gaining the confidence of the parents following the recent tragedy (Pradyuman’s death). We had already served two notices earlier to all private schools in the district. This time the compliance report will be submitted to the CBSE Board, thereafter the school authorities will be solely responsible for any action,” said Singh.According to district information system for education report (2016), there are 821 private schools in Gautam Budh Nagar. In order to assure parents that their wards are safe inside the school premises, some school managements across the district have introduced unique identification cards, installed extra CCTV cameras, started background checks and regular counselling of children, parents, teachers and non-teaching staff members.After the Ryan International incident, the district administration formed two teams to inspect school buses and school premises on a random basis.
Join the discussion<!–end of artlbotbor–>
<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>The Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) in Gurugram on Wednesday sent a 16-year-old student of the Ryan International School to the juvenile home again for 14 days.The juvenile has been accused of murdering a seven-year-old student, Pradyuman Thakur, in the school premises on September 8. He was produced before the JJB after his custody ended on Wednesday. He was last produced before the board on November 11. He has since been put up at an observational home in Faridabad.Meanwhile, the juvenile’s father alleged that the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) interrogated his son beyond the prescribed time.The board had fixed his interrogation for 10 am to 6 pm during a three-day remand that the agency got on November 8. Hearing on his plea is now scheduled for December 29, said a lawyer who attended the proceedings.The agency also sought permission to get his fingerprints but the matter has been posted for a later hearing. “There has been no decision on whether the juvenile should be tried as an adult,” Sushil Tekriwal, counsel of the victim’s father, Barun Chandra Thakur, said.On November 14, Thakur had filed a petition before the JJB, seeking that the 16-year-old accused be tried as an adult, stating that the crime he committed was “chilling, horrific, monstrous, and serious in nature”.”The juvenile should be treated as an adult as he knew what he was doing, his intention was to kill. He bought a knife a day before and also researched poisons on the internet. The statements recorded by the CBI officers indicate that he planned this murder to delay the exams and the parents-teachers meeting. The murder had a motive,” said Tekriwal.SCHOOL BUS CONDUCTOR RETURNS HOMEAshok Kumar, the school bus conductor arrested in connection with the Ryan murder case, was released on bail from the Bhondsi Jail on Wednesday evening. As the media persons thronged outside the Jail premises, the authorities as well as Kumar’s lawyers were quick to get him out from the back gate. His family members and other villagers were waiting for him at his home. Kumar’s lawyers claimed that he was not in a condition to speak to the media. He reached home around 9 pm and soon went to sleep. Kumar was granted bail on Tuesday under Article 21 of the Indian Constitution, which states that everyone has a right to personal liberty and life.
<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>A case was registered after fifty mobile phones, forty one batteries, eleven SIM cards and nine mobile recharge cards were seized during search of barracks at Gurugram’s Bhondsi Jail.”A special searching team had instilled a search operation of barracks, which is when the items were found,” Gurugram’s police PRO Ravindra Kumar confirmed.An FIR was registered against unknown persons under relevant Sections of Prisoner Act of the IPC at Bhondsi police station.The phones have been put under tracking and investigation is on to find out owners of the phones.”Since the past two months, a lot of such items have been caught inside Bhondsi Jail,” said Police PRO Kumar.The incident came to light on Tuesday.
<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has filed an affidavit before the Supreme Court in the Pradhyumn murder case. Pradhyumn–student of class II– was found dead last month in the toilet of Ryan International School’s Bhondsi branch.CBSE in its affidavit has stated that the school didn’t have sufficient CCTVs with some of them not working. Also, there were no separate toilets for staff in the school. According to CBSE affidavit, there were other serious security lapses too. A few electric panels were open, which could have posed a serious threat to the lives of children in school, says the affidavit. The CBSE had served a show-cause notice to the Ryan International School on September 16. The premises of the school was also examined by a CBSE to examine loopholes in security arrangements. CBSE has asked why the school should not be de-affiliated. The school authorities, however, have denied all charges of security lapses on the campus.
<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>The principal of Ryan International School, Bhondsi branch in Gurugram, who was suspended following the murder of seven-year-old at its premises, has been demoted as a teacher at another branch of the school.Neerja Batra was suspended as the officiating principal of the school on September 9 after a Class 2 student was found with his throat slit, a day before. She has now joined Ryan’s Sector-40 branch in Gurugram as a teacher. She has been working with Ryan group for more than 20 years.However, the parents of the victim called it “a risk to the security of students”. “How can a principal under whose watch a student was murdered be transferred to a different school?” asked Varun Thakur, the victim’s father.”When she was not able to fulfill her duty as a principal then how can she fulfill her duties as a teacher?” he questioned while speaking to the media. He further said that no one should be transferred anywhere, unless the case is closed.The seven-year-old was found in a pool of blood on September 8.A school bus conductor, Ashok Kumar, was accused of killing the boy and was arrested later. According to police, he was present in the washroom when the boy went in.Theere were widespread protests by parents and locals for more than four days and was shut down for almost 10 days. It was then reopened on September 25. The CBSE has also formed a two-member fact finding committee to look into the matter and also issued a show cause notice to the school saying it had failed to observe the “basic security measures”.On September 28, the Punjab and Haryana High Court had stayed the arrest of the Pinto family, the owners and trustees of Ryan International School, in connection with the murder, after they had knocked at the court’s door seeking anticipatory bail in the matter. The court will hear the matter next on October 7.
<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>A CBI team along with forensic experts on Saturday reached the premises of Gurugram’s Ryan International School where the body of seven-year old Pradhuman was found with throat slit on September 8.The CBI sources said the 10-member team will try to gather evidence and make an attempt to recreate the events of the day Pradhuman, a class 2 student, was killed.The CBI has also started questioning the school bus conductor Ashok Kumar, prime suspect in the killing, regional head of the school group Francis Thomas and HR head Jeyus Thomas after taking them into custody.The agency had earlier approached the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) court seeking custody of Kumar, Francis and Jeyus, which was granted.While Kumar has been sent for a one-day CBI custody, the remaining two are for two days, a CBI spokesperson said.”At the request of the CBI in an ongoing investigation of a case related to the alleged murder of a student in a school at Gurugram, the competent court on Saturday remanded three accused in one day police custody,” the spokesperson said.The CBI on Friday took over the probe into the killing of the seven-year-old at the Gurugram school after receiving a notification from the Centre.The case had been registered at the Bhondsi police station in Gurugram under the IPC section related to murder, and relevant sections of the Arms Act, the POCSO Act and the Juvenile Justice Act.