Yuva Sai Sagar

Online news channel!

Tag: gujjars

ISI forcing J&K Gujjars into militancy: Eshfaq-ur Rehman Posawal

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>The Gujjar community is facing a serious threat from Pakistan’s ISI and its sponsored terrorists. Gujjar leader from J&K and BJP contestant from Karnah in state assembly election in 2014, Eshfaq-ur Rehman Posawal, who is in Kota these days, said conditions are being created in J&K to force Gujjars to join militancy and added that this threat has been further intensified after the recent release of Hafiz Saeed.“It is unfortunate the in last two years since 1947, the militant weapons have been recovered from the people of Gujjar community in J&K and it is the sign of forced conversion into militancy, Poswal said.He has been garnering support from Gujjar community from across the country to counter the threat and to give a suitable reply, he said and added he held interaction with Gujjar leaders in Jhalawar on Sunday and held a meeting with BJP MLA from Kota North Phralad Gunjal. Poswal said to counter the threat and to seek support from the Gujjar community of other states, he is set to organise anti-terrorist conference in Kota next month. Poswal said he held a meeting with army chief Lt General Bipin Rawat last month and requested him to set up up a Gujjar regiment to take on the Pak sponsored terrorism along the Line of Control (LoC).Poswal further said BJP MLA from Kota North and Gujjar leader Prahlad Gunjal has assured him to extend all kind of support to Gujjars in J&K.

In blow to Rajasthan, SC stays, caps Gujjar quota

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>In a setback for the Vasundhara Raje government, the Supreme Court (SC) on Wednesday stayed Rajasthan’s move to grant reservation benefits to Gujjars. The top court further directed the state to cap reservations to Gujjars up to 50 per cent until the High Court finally decides the issue.The order came on the heels of an appeal filed by the Rajasthan government challenging a November 9 High Court (HC) order which restrained the state from implementing a bill that provided five per cent quota to five OBCs (Other Backward Classes) and six sub-castes, including Gujjars, raising the reservation in the state to 54 per cent.The order, pronounced by a bench headed by the Chief Justice of India Dipak Misra, comes months ahead of next year’s Rajasthan Assembly polls.”…taking into consideration the facts and circumstances of the case and various decisions of this court, we are inclined to restrain the state government from taking any action or decision on the administrative side or in any manner conferring the benefit of reservation, which will have the result of crossing the total reservation beyond 50 per cent,” the SC said. During the course of hearing, state government said that it has power to pass such a bill and the court cannot interfere with the legislative process. Agreeing with this reasoning, the apex court bench, that also comprised Justices AM Khanwilkar and DY Chandrachud, proceeded to partially set aside the HC order.Earlier this month, Rajasthan High court had said that since the SC had already asked the state government to maintain status quo after the 2015 Gujjar reservation Bill was struck down by Rajasthan High Court, “it will not be appropriate to allow the state government to do anything contrary to the Supreme Court’s order and they are restrained from acting upon the Bill.”The Rajasthan Backward Classes (Reservation of Seats in Educational Institutions in the State and of Appointment and Posts in Services under the State) Bill, 2017, which was passed on October 26 this year, sought to increase OBC quota from 21 per cent to 26 per cent, and create a separate category of ‘More Backward Classes’ for Banjara, Gadiya Lohar, Gujjar, Raika and Gadariya castes, giving them a five per cent reservation.Ganga Sahay Sharma, the petitioner who had approached the Rajasthan HC against the bill, said the state government introduced reservation bills for Gujjars in 2008 and in 2015; both were quashed by the High Court, mainly because they exceeded the 50 per cent reservation limit set by the apex court.

Nope, it’s not a goof-up: UIDAI clarifies on Haridwar’s Aadhaar case

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>The UIDAI has rejected the reports about ‘goof up’ during Aadhaar enrolment process at a village in Haridwar.Media reports had said that as many as 800 people share January 1 as their date of birth in their 12-digit biometric identifier.In a clarification, the Unique Identification Authority of India said those people in Haridwar village were unable to provide their exact date of birth or the supporting documents.The UIDAI said that January 1 of a particular year is typically taken by default as the official date of birth by its system in instances where applicants do not know their exact date of birth nor have the supporting documents, but may only recall their age.Referring to the reports, the UIDAI said: “There has been no such goof up during enrolment in Gaindi Khatta village of Van Gujjars in Haridwar.”Under the UIDAI policy, the date of birth is registered in three ways. An individual can either quote the verified date of birth and submit supporting proof or provide declared date of birth without any supporting documents.”Third, in cases of residents who are only able to give their age, 1st January of that year is taken as per the age given by the resident as date of birth by default for the purpose of enrolment,” it said.The UIDAI said the records can be updated by visiting any Aadhaar enrolment centre or even online at a later stage, in case the resident is able to provide supporting documents for date of birth.

© 2020 Yuva Sai Sagar. Theme by Anders Norén.