Yuva Sai Sagar

Online news channel!

Tag: prakash-javadekar

Such initiatives will better cultural exchange: Prakash Javadekar

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Set in the mesmerizing Ganesh Pol at the Amber Fort in Jaipur, the Grand Opening of Bonjour India illustrated the story of the relationship between India and France. The event was graced by H.E. Jean-Yves Le Drian, minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs, France and Prakash Javadekar, Minister of Human Resource Development, India. Nihal Chand Goel, ACS (Tourism, Art and Culture) Rajasthan, also graced the occasion.Inaugurating the most awaited Indo-French platform, Bonjour India, H.E. Jean-Yves Le Drian, said, “It’s a great joy that I am inaugurating the new version of Bonjour India at this beautiful place. No date could have been a better chosen as the city of Jaipur was founded on 18 November 1727. Since then, our relationship with India has grown. You will get to see this strength taking form through some of the unique events in Delhi followed by Mumbai and later in Kolkata. Bonjour India will focus on providing access to one and all under the key areas of creativity, innovation and partnership.”On the occasion, Prakash Javadekar said that through such events, the friendship and relationship of the two countries would surely get better. He also mentioned that, at present, around 5000 students from India are studying in Cannes and hopefully in future, the number will increase. “I would like to congratulate the French embassy for organising such an event and with such initiatives, the cultural exchange between the two countries will get better,” he said.

Will prefer quitting to going on leave for two months: BHU VC Girish Chandra Tripathi

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>The ministry has, meanwhile, initiated a routine process to shortlist the successor of Tripathi, who is at the centre of the controversy over handling of the recent violence in the Banaras Hindu University (BHU) campus. His tenure ends on November 30.”So far, nothing of this sort has been communicated to me. I have been in touch with the HRD Minister (Prakash Javadekar) right from the day of the incident and have briefed him about the situation as well as the measures taken. But if am I asked to go on leave, I will resign,” he told PTI. The Vice Chancellor further said that he has contributed a lot to improve the functioning of the university.”Having done so much, it will be insulting to go on leave two months before my tenure comes to end. I will prefer quitting,” he asserted.The ministry officials said the process for appointing his successor has been initiated, but maintained that the timing of violence in the BHU campus and steps for appointment of a new VC is completely “coincidental”.Even if the unrest would not have happened, appointment process would have been initiated, a senior HRD official said on the condition of anonymity.Last week, a number of students, including women, and two journalists were injured in a baton-charge by the police after a protest against an alleged eve-teasing incident turned violent in BHU, one of the 43 central universities in the country.Tripathi had earlier this week said that the violence was fanned by “rumour mongering” and “outsiders”. The varsity’s Chief Proctor O N Singh has already resigned, taking “moral responsibility” for the campus violence.

Ryan student’s murder: Haryana Police promise chargesheet within 7 days

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>A seven-year-old boy who was found with his throat slit and lying in a pool of blood in a washroom of Ryan International School was allegedly killed by a bus conductor who also tried to sexually abuse the minor, the police said.Speaking about the horrific murder of Class 2 student of Ryan International School, Gurugram Police Commissioner Sandeep Khirwar assured a chargesheet into the student’s death in seven days, adding that a three-member panel would vet school safety. A bus conductor has been taken into custody and the police said the conductor confessed to killing the seven-year-old.The conductor’s family has however denied the allegations claiming he is being framed.
ALSO READ Ryan school murder: Incident is a warning to teachers to be more attentive, Prakash JavadekarMeanwhile, CM Khattar said that the principal of the institution has been suspended, and lapses will be acted against. The Haryana CM was quoted saying by ANI: “Sad incident & heinous crime. Administration has nabbed suspect; directed authorities to complete formalities within 7 days. Once we get report, if facts are not clear we are ready for any kind of probe.”Union HRD minister Prakash Javadekar said the incident should serve as a warning to academic fraternity.
ALSO READ Ryan school student death: Principal suspended amid protests, accused sent to 3 day police remand‘The school teachers need to be more attentive, this is kind of a warning. The investigation is going on. Police has reached the accused and I believe that justice will be served soon,’ said Javadekar.He also called on the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to keep an eye on schools running under its supervision.
ALSO READ Ryan student murder: Mother says ‘put principal in jail’; CBSE appoints two-member fact-finding committee Prakash Javadekar said the government has asked for a report on the incident and his ministry will take necessary steps after going through it.‘Parents leave their kids in buses and leave, but there are so many students in school, we need to think about their safety as well and that’s why I have asked a team that will go when the reports come to us and what remedies could be implemented. This is not just a CBSE issue, but is the question on the children’s safety,’ Javadekar said.Meanwhile, the mother of the victim said that principal should be jailed. She said: “Principal was indifferent when she came to hospital, put her in jail. I want to know what happened to my child, I want CBI.”Meanwhile, the school authorities, represented by Acting Principal Neerja Batra, while condemning the incident, assured that security measures will be reviewed immediately and all necessary improvements would be made.‘Following the tragic incident at our school yesterday, the school authorities have seriously taken up the review of the security measures at the school. All necessary improvements and measures are being audited and reinforced with the help of experts. We are also seeking advice from the Police department to guide us in this regard,’ the official notice of the school said.‘While, we are all in great shock and grief at the loss of life of our beloved student Pradhyuman Thakur, we are taking these steps simultaneously to ensure vigorous safety measures in place for all our students and staff. We are closely working with the investigating authorities so that we could be guided further with their expertise,’ it further noted.With inputs from PTI and ANI

Ryan school murder: Incident is a warning to teachers to be more attentive, Prakash Javadekar

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Union Minister of Human Resource Development (HRD) Prakash Javadekar on Saturday said that the sad and tragic murder of a second grade student of the Ryan International School in Bhondsi, Haryana, should serve as a warning to the academic fraternity to be more attentive and ensure that such incidents are not repeated.“The school teachers need to be more attentive, this is kind of a warning. The investigation is going on. Police has reached the accused and I believe that justice will be served soon,” said Javadekar.He also called on the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to keep an eye on schools running under its supervision.Prakash Javadekar said the government has asked for a report on the incident and his ministry will take necessary steps after going through it.“Parents leave their kids in buses and leave, but there are so many students in school, we need to think about their safety as well and that’s why I have asked a team that will go when the reports come to us and what remedies could be implemented. This is not just a CBSE issue, but is the question on the children’s safety,” Javadekar said.Javadekar also said that investigation would be undertaken into how did, the conductor and the driver enter the school premises when parents are not allowed to enter.He further said that the police investigation report is yet to come.Speaking on the murder, Harayana Education Minister Ram Bilas Sharma said, “I will be going to Gurugram tomorrow. I have my smpathies with the child’s parents. The culprit won’t be spared.”Meanwhile, the principal of the school has been suspended following the murder of the seven-year-old student, a lawyer of the victim’s parents said.The body of the class II student was found inside the toilet of the school, with his throat slit, on Friday.”Action against school management is sure. The principal of the school has been suspended,” the lawyer of the victim told media.The seven-year-old was allegedly killed by the school bus conductor, who was arrested yesterday.Hours after the incident, the Gurugram Police confirmed that the accused bus conductor tried to sexually assault the child before killing him.Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Simardeep Singh told that accused killed the boy when he tried to resist.The Ryan International School expressed grief and assured co-operation in the investigation of murder case.A statement released by the school authority stated that, “The police are investigating this matter and we have assured our full support and co-operation towards the investigation of the same. The perpetrators of this heinous crime must be dealt with appropriate action. Our hearts and prayers are with the family.”

8 crore certified literates between 2010-16: Javadekar

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Nearly eight crore learners have cleared the basic literacy assessment tests held between 2010 and 2016 for being certified as literates, the Lok Sabha was informed today. HRD minister Prakash Javadekar said in the House that under Saakshar Bharat programme, around 7.92 crore learners appeared under basic literacy assessment test held between August, 2010 and August, 2016. Out of the total candidates, 5.88 crore learners successfully passed the assessment and were certified as “literate”. Responding to supplementaries, Minister of State for HRD Upendra Kushwaha said the states are free to run model schools. But SP member Dharmendra Yadav alleged that model schools were shut down by the Centre. This lead to a brief war of words between him and some BJP members.(This article has not been edited by DNA’s editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)

Ready to meet those having grievances: Javadekar on JNU issue

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Amidst protests by students in the Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) over the criteria related to admission in PhDs and M Phil, HRD minister Prakash Javadekar today said that he is open to meeting those who have grievances.”Whatever the UGC has given, the rules for PhD admissions, are world recognised rules and are implemented without complaint in 799 universities. If there is problem for one University, I am always open to meeting anybody,” Javadekar said.He, however, added that those who are protesting have not sought his appointment.Earlier, following protests from students, JNU had decided that the admission policy for MPhil and PhD programmes will continue to have a weightage of 80 per cent for entrance exam and 20 per cent for viva voce.The administration also assured the students that the deliberations and discussions with stakeholders are on and appealed to students who are on hunger strike to immediately end their fast and cooperate with the varsity.Meanwhile, the JNU students union has alleged that the varsity has issued a statement without confirming minutes of the steering committee meeting and false facts have been projected and they would continue with the protests.

BJP finds President’s speech ‘inspirational’, Congress picks hole

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Union Minister and senior BJP leader Prakash Javadekar today hailed President Pranab Mukherjee’s customary speech ahead of budget presentation, terming it “inspirational”, even as Congress leader Renuka Chowdhury sought to pick holes in it.While Javadekar said the speech outlined government’s actions aimed at welfare of the poor, farmers and the SC/ST community, former Union minister Chowdhury claimed the speech was “written by government” in view of forthcoming assembly polls in five states.It was “renowned economist Mukherjee’s helplessness” to read out the same, she quipped.”It was an inspirational speech, it narrated government’s actions…about how we are developing the rural section, giving justice to the poor, the downtrodden, scheduled caste, scheduled tribes, farmers, labourers and all those who were neglected,” he told reporters on the Parliament premises.Javadekar noted the President also mentioned Centre’s moves of demonetisation and surgical strike.”…more importantly it mentioned that how the government programme have not remained only bureaucratic programme, but have become a jan aandolan (public campaign),” he added.Criticising the NDA government, Chowdhury said she felt pity for it for having “rehashed and renamed” schemes worked out by previous UPA dispensation as its own and claimed it has not formulated even a single scheme of its own.”They advanced the budget in view of elections. The President is helpless that he has to read out the speech written by the government. But am very sure, he must be laughing inside his mind. It is his helplessness that he had to read it out,” she added.

Govt to take decision on single entrance examination for engineering after consulting states

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Government will take a final decision on holding of a NEET like single entrance examination for admission to engineering colleges after holding consultation with different states. According to official sources, at a high level meeting of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) on Wednesday, the issue of holding a single examination for engineering college admissions, similar to what NEET is for medical college admissions came up.The proposal received widespread support from a lot of participants but it was decided that before a final decision is taken in the matter it should be discussed with various states as well. There is a view in the Prakash Javadekar led HRD ministry that holding a single entrance examination for engineering colleges across the country would not only help in curbing irregularities and bring transparency but also reduce the burden on students of having to appear in several examinations.It is also learnt that one of the representatives of a state government who was present in the meeting also expressed some reservations to the idea. Another key proposal which was discussed at the meeting on Wednesday pertained to making an exit test mandatory for students, who are passing out of college to assess their skill sets. It was again decided in the AICTE meeting that the proposal too would be discussed with states before a final decision is taken, sources said.The proposals are expected to be taken up in the next meeting of the council by when the consultation process would be over, the sources added.

© 2020 Yuva Sai Sagar. Theme by Anders Norén.