Yuva Sai Sagar

Online news channel!

Tag: that-the-boy

Delhi government cancels license of Max Hospital in Shalimar Bagh for medical negligence

Delhi Health Minister Satyender Jain on Friday said that they are cancelling the license of Max hospital located in Shalimar Bagh due to medical negligence. The decision was taken after the health minister received the final report of the probe launched into probing alleged medical negligence by the hospital. The case relates to the birth of twins (a boy and a girl) on November 30. The parents alleged the babies were declared dead by the Max Hospital in Shalimar Bagh but they later discovered that the boy was alive.the parents said they were told by the hospital that both the babies were stillborn. The infants were handed over to them in a polythene bag, they said. The family discovered that the baby boy was breathing just before the last rites, the police said. The baby however died later. Earlier Jain had said that the preliminary report had found Max hospital guilty on several counts and promised strict action once the final report comes. It’s not the first time Max has had a run in with the authorities recently. On November 22, a notice was sent to Max Hospital for allegedly violating norms related to services to be given to EWS patients. “These two cases have been clubbed and we will take action accordingly,” Jain had promised. The family of the kid had alleged that Max hospital tried to bribe them to hush up the case. However the hospital has vehemently denied the allegation. With PTI inputs

Join the discussion<!–end of artlbotbor–>

Mob thrashes boy suspected of being braid chopper

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>A boy was thrashed mercilessly by people after being mistaken as a braid chopper while waiting to meet his girlfriend at Delina village in North Kashmir’s Baramulla district. Police had to lathi-charge and use smoke shells to rescue the boy from the angry mob.”Investigation into the matter has revealed that the boy was in a relationship with a local girl from Delina village and had gone to meet her when he was spotted and beaten up by locals who accused him of being a braid chopper,” a police spokesman said.He added that locals had caught hold of the boy in the afternoon and when the police team rushed in to save the boy, they were also under attack.”The boy was being beaten mercilessly when police intervened to rescue him. A number of people attacked the police team as well. The cops managed to rescue the boy only after firing tear smoke shells to disperse the mob. The boy was immediately given medical treatment,” the spokesman said.Fear has gripped the people after several braid chopping incidents rocked the valley in the recent past. The braid chopping has led to the massive law and order situation with people taking law into their hands and thrashing suspects in many areas.Data reveals that Jammu division alone has witnessed 100 cases of braid chopping, while Kashmir recorded 45 cases including unsuccessful attempts. However, nobody has been arrested so far, which prompted the police to double the reward money to Rs six lakh for any information leading to mysterious braid chopper/s.A police sopkesperson said, “People are requested not to fall prey to rumours. We will take strict legal action against attention seekers in the garb of braid chopping. Besides, rumour and mischief mongers, who take advantage of the situation to disturb the peaceful atmosphere, will also be brought to book.”

Delhi court upholds order to try 16-year-old, who shot dead a married couple, as an adult

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>A Delhi court has upheld a Juvenile Justice Board order to try a 16-year-old boy, accused of shooting a couple in 2016, as an adult.The court observed that whether a child understands the consequences of an offence he has committed cannot be assessed without considering the “manner” in which it was done.The JJB had on March 27 this year held that there was a need for trial of the juvenile appellant as an adult and sent him to a children’s court for trial in terms of the provisions of the Code of Criminal Procedure.In the appeal against the JJB’s order, the juvenile through his counsel contended that as per Juvenile Justice Model Rules 2016, while making preliminary assessment under the Juvenile Justice Act, a child shall be presumed to be innocent unless proved otherwise, but the Board had completely ignored this principle.It claimed that the facts and circumstances of the case do not meet the parameters laid down in the JJ Act and the Board fell in error by holding that the boy deserved to be tried as an adult.The court, however, said “no doubt, the presumption of innocence of the child has to be maintained but for assessing his ability to understand the consequences of the offence and the circumstances in which he allegedly committed the offence, the allegations as per the case of prosecution are required to be looked into.”The ability of the child to understand the consequences of the offence cannot be assessed dehors the manner in which the alleged offence was committed,” Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Garg said.The court also said the previous involvement of the child, if any, also renders assistance in reflecting his mental ability and circumstances.According to the prosecution, the juvenile and his adult accomplice had on November 14, 2016 gone to the house of victims Sanjay Rana and his wife on the pretext of taking a room on rent but shot them dead instead.The juvenile was apprehended by the police on November 21, 2016 and a country-made pistol with six cartridges were recovered from him, it said.It said the juvenile committed the offence as the victims had failed to return the money lent to them by his father for purchase of a plot.Taking note of this, the court said, “Considering the alleged motive behind the commission of the offence and the role attributed to the appellant, the Board rightly came to the conclusion that the appellant should be tried as an adult.The appeal is without merits. The same is accordingly dismissed.”The court also held that the preliminary inquiry conducted by the JJB proved that the boy was above 16 years of age and he had no psychiatric illness or intellectual disability, which meant he was fit to understand the consequences of the offence.”The offence under Section 302 IPC being punishable with imprisonment for more than seven years, falls within the category of ‘heinous offences’ as defined in JJ Act. Thus, the Board rightly proceeded to conduct the preliminary assessment under the act,” it also said.

Ryan student death: Key questions remain unanswered; victim’s kin allege evidence tampering

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>After three days of an “intense probe” in to the murder of a seven-year-old Ryan International School student, several key questions remain unanswered. For instance, how could the accused, a school bus conductor, take the minor to a toilet, try to sexually assault him, slit his throat, and then clean the weapon, all within a span of 15 minutes. Also, why did the accused target the victim, who did not even take the school bus.According to the child’s father, on that fateful day, he saw him off at the school gate at 7.55 am. At 8.10 am, he received a call from the school authorities, informing him about the tragic incident. It seems unlikely that within just 15 minutes, the event took place and came to the notice of the authorities as well. Also, it has now come to the fore that initially, the crime scene was not sealed and the school authorities were allowed to walk in. A video of the crime spot, which went viral on the social media, showed the washroom’s floor drenched in blood. The school authorities might have tampered with the forensic evidence, sources said.Further, the police initially stated that the accused helped rush the boy to a school van, to be taken to hospital, but his clothes did not have single blood stain. This could have not been possible without someone else’s involvement.The accused was arrested the same night but the police refused to divulge the circumstantial evidence found against him or even from where was he arrested.Meanwhile, the victim’s parents told DNA that he never travelled in the school bus and did not know the conductor. Then what made him target the child? Many are now raising the suspicion that the boy witnessed something that he wasn’t supposed to, and was targetted because of that. It is also still not clear whether the CCTV cameras installed in the school were functional.

Class 12 student becomes unconscious, dies at school assembly

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>A Class 12 student of the Kendriya Vidyalaya in Gole Market today died after he allegedly became unconscious and fell during the school’s morning assembly, the police said. The deceased, Sonu (17), belonged to Bihar, and was staying with his family at the Railway Colony in Kishanganj, they said. Prima facie, no foul play is suspected in the incident, the police said. The police said that the boy lost consciousness and fell during the assembly. He was rushed to a hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, they said. After being informed, a team rushed to the spot and started investigations, the police said, adding that the post mortem report is awaited. His family claimed that he did not have any health issues and was completely fit, they added.(This article has not been edited by DNA’s editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)

Upset over scolding for poor grades, 17-yr-old ends life

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Upset over the constant rebuke by his parents for failing in the Class XI exams, a 17-year-old boy allegedly committed suicide in north-west Delhi’s Swaroop Nagar today. The deceased, Pankaj Meena, had recently failed in his Class XI exams, the police said, adding that the boy was constantly being rebuked by his parents for his poor grades. He was found hanging in his room by his family members today, who rushed him to a hospital where he was declared “brought dead”, the police said. No suicide note was found.(This article has not been edited by DNA’s editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)

Delhi cops nab crazed juvenile murderer

<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Delhi’s South-East district police apprehended a 17-year-old juvenile from the Madangir area on Friday for his alleged involvement in four cases, including murder and attempt to murder.Officials said that the boy was a hardened criminal and had brandished country-made pistols to establish supremacy in the area where he lived. Senior police officers said that legal action under the Arms Act would be taken.The boy was produced before a juvenile justice board and sent to a reform home on Saturday. Police say that the boy roamed with other teenagers in the Madangir area and extorted money from shopkeepers. He also connived with the water mafia in the area. He is also said to be involved in cases of robbery and assault in Sangam Vihar, Neb Sarai and Ambedkar Nagar.According to the police, the boy was apprehended while he was on the look-out for his gang-rival, who had allegedly broken his legs in 2014. Deputy Commissioner of Police (South-East) Romil Baaniya said: “He (the boy) wanted to take revenge on his rival as he was unable to walk properly after the incident. Two country-made pistols and two live cartridges have been recovered from him.”Police said when the juvenile started instilling fear among people and other small gangs in the area, a local gang leader, Sunny, wanted him to be a part of his gang. When he refused, Sunny attacked the boy and broke his legs.The case history of this juvenile makes for chilling reading. Officials say that the juvenile, who cannot be named for legal reasons, committed his first murder in the Ambedkar Nagar area in 2014 when he was just 14. He followed this up with another murder in Saket in the same year.During questioning, it came to light that the juvenile was wanted in a murder case registered in the Neb Sarai police station, in which a man, Hemraj, was murdered.”In November, he had abducted Hemraj and asked for a ransom of Rs 50,000 from his family. When the family failed to pay the money, he stabbed him and buried Hemraj’s body with salt at a nearby forest so that it would decompose easily,” said an official.The official said that the boy had also killed an 18-year old, Firoz, by stabbing him over 15 times with a screwdriver.

© 2020 Yuva Sai Sagar. Theme by Anders Norén.