<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>November is the cruellest month for the Omble family. This year will be the ninth in a row that Vaishali Omble, her mother Tarabai, and sister Bharti will not have stepped out of their home on 26/11. And each year, the family recalls the horror that changed their lives forever.This, after all, is the family of Assistant Sub Inspector Tukaram Omble without whose sacrifice Ajmal Kasab would never have been captured and brought to justice.They say the belongings of the braveheart– who was honoured posthumously with the Ashok Chakra gallantry award – have not been moved an inch, let alone any changes done to the interiors of their Worli home. Everything is in the same place as it was nine years ago when the family last met him. Once in a while, they go to see the bust of Tukaram Omble at Girgaum Chowpatty.”Our lives have changed since the terror attack and it will never be the same again,” Vaishali Omble told DNA.To make ends meet, she gives private tuitions to students in their schools and colleges, and teaches children in Class 9-11. “I don’t want to work anywhere out and I feel this is the best I want to offer to society by teaching children. I also oversee the operations of a CNG station given to us by the government, against which we get monthly fixed remuneration,” she said.Her sister Bharti works in a clerical position with the government.This family is also in touch with other families of policemen who lost their lives on that fateful day.”Whenever there is a terror attack, we see people talking about it on television. But only those who have actually lost someone in such attacks understand how difficult it is to recover,” said Vaishali.THE MAN WHO CAUGHT KASABOn the night of November 26, Ajmal Kasab fired a volley of bullets into Tukaram Omble who was on duty at a nakabandi on Girgaum Chowpatty. Despite this, Omble grabbed Kasab and didn’t let go. His daredevilry made it possible for the police to overpower Kasab, who was the only terrorist from the attack to be apprehended and brought to justice.
<!– /11440465/Dna_Article_Middle_300x250_BTF –>Residents in adjoining Navi Mumbai have launched a signature campaign to protest the ‘arbitrary’ transfer of IAS officer Tukaram Mundhe, claiming he was removed as Navi Mumbai Municipal Commissioner as punishment for taking on the builders lobby. “We are part of the signature campaign to demand scrapping of Mundhe’s transfer. Navi Mumbai needs such honest and pro-people officers,” Gajanan Kale, Navi Mumbai chief of the Raj Thackeray-led MNS in Navi Mumbai said. “So far, we have received around 5000 signatures. Our target is to collect 50,000 signatures in Mundhe’s support and send them to Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis and Governor C Vidyasagar Rao, seeking cancellation of the transfer order,” Kale told(This article has not been edited by DNA’s editorial team and is auto-generated from an agency feed.)